Kinetic has customers in every time zone from coast to coast. Account Director Janell Larson has lived in every time zone from coast to coast.
That’s a cool coincidence.
But it is no coincidence that Janell is here. Her background in marketing in several metro markets in the U.S. and Canada is the critical experience that our clients are looking for.
Before joining Kinetic in 2016, Janell was regional marketing program manager for Whole Foods Market in the Pacific Northwest. Based in Bellevue, Washington, just across Lake Washington from Seattle, she worked with purchasing coordinators to craft marketing strategies for the region, which included Washington, Oregon and British Columbia.
At Whole Foods Market, she managed marketing for sales, holiday collateral, new products, food programs and other business needs.
“I was a marketing jack-of-all trades, and that gave me exposure and experience in a holistic way,” she says.
“I also have an inside perspective on retail marketing and building sales drivers. I know what it’s like when a company has a bad quarter and then taking a look at marketing efforts to boost customer acquisition.”
Using her considerable project management experience, Janell brings a strategic vision to push clients’ projects to completion. She loves to develop content and has put her English degree to work copywriting across many channels, such as magazine ads, digital ads, radio spots, in-store collateral and décor.
She knows the world of print production and has developed many collateral materials that delivered results.
“I listen to the needs of clients and then collaborate with the team to find the right marketing solutions for their business needs. I am a listener, advocate, liaison and brand standards hawk.”
More about Janell:
- During her time as mobilization director for the China Teaching Fellowship, she recruited teachers, interviewed candidates, put teams together and prepared them for their field experience in Asia.
- She grew up in Upstate New York, and attended SUNY Geneseo where she studied English and Secondary Education.
- “I love to sing. If you see me at the stoplight, you might catch me belting out one of my standards.”
- “My husband and I have flipped several houses. We love the process of seeing potential in a house and then finding the right elements and finishes that will make it shine.”
- Her favorite food is a long ways away: Pizza from Aniello’s in Corning, N.Y.
- “I’ve run two and a half marathons, but not since I’ve had two kiddos. I’m lucky if I can get two miles in now.”
- She taught English for a year in Beijing, China, and led teams throughout Asia over the course of four summers. Myanmar was her favorite place because it’s not as Westernized and like a bygone era of Southeast Asia.
- What is her passion? “I love doing things with my kids that bring growth and delight to their day. It fills up my love tank!’