Kinetic is a full-service creative, marketing, and communications agency, committed to providing stand-out marketing solutions around the world while nestled in the heart of downtown Billings, Montana.
At Kinetic, we pride ourselves in choosing both clients and employees carefully; we strive to surround ourselves with the most talented and inspiring people around. Joining our close-knit, award-winning team means that you will not only be working on high-profile and exciting projects but will also be making a lasting impact on companies, large and small, that will benefit them for years to come, all while furthering your abilities as a creative marketing professional!
Members of Kinetic’s high-energy team enjoy a competitive salary and paid medical insurance with health insurance savings account access. Additionally, you will receive paid vacation, holidays, career development opportunities, and the chance to work alongside world-class creative colleagues.
Kinetic Marketing Company is seeking to hire a Project Manager at our Billings, Montana office.
What You Will Do:
The Project Manager works within the Kinetic Strategic team to manage all marketing & communications projects for assigned clients. From new business meetings and pitches through project completion, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring projects are done on time and on budget. The project manager guides the project through developmental and creative stages and ensures that all projects are complete and of the highest quality. The Project Manager is the liaison between the Account Executive/Director and the agency creative team or vendors/independent contractors. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, you must be adept at managing resources, timelines, and project deadlines.
The Project Manager must be a conscientious team player and a good organizer and keep multiple pieces moving simultaneously. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills, exhibiting strong initiative and a take-charge attitude.
Reports to the Strategic Director
- Proactively gather the necessary information to plan and implement each client project.
- Understand various project lifecycles and take appropriate next steps to ensure the project is actively being completed by either in-house or vendor activities.
- Manage time and financial resources to ensure client projects are on time and on budget. Open projects in agency software promptly and accurately and track project expenses.
- Make sure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of account directors to potential problems before they occur.
- Provide timely issuance of all documentation: proposals, project outlines, creative briefs, estimates, timelines, meeting summaries, and status and budget reports. Track and manage internal/external creative resources on project deliverables.
- Coordinate project deliverables with outside vendors as needed. Work with the account directors and traffic manager to ensure projects are all resourced appropriately. Implement and execute change orders and estimates with the Account Director/Executive.
- Maintain constant communication with Account Director/Executive regarding project progress, feedback and completion. Report on project budgets to Strategic Director and Business Manager on a regular basis.
- By account director request, takes notes at meetings, prepares and distributes contact reports (status call reports), etc.
- Provides input in planning stages as requested by account directors/executives. Assists in mailings, processing final copy, agendas, conference reports, proposals, correspondence, monthly billing and other materials related to account service and preparing the above for client presentations.
- Stays aware of client activities to provide backup when account executives are unavailable. Knows, at any given moment, where a project is to report to directors or traffic manager and can speak to the ongoings of the smallest details of the project.
- Ensure all time, materials, and expenses are accurately tracked for each project. Reconcile project errors as necessary in the accounting system.
- Prior success in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated integrity, responsibility and dependability
- Has a thorough understanding of the planning, creative and production processes
- Proactive attitude; willing to take charge and initiate project tasks, such as proposals
- Experienced problem-solver; ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Agency experience not necessary, but preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Familiarity with computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, CRM, etc.)
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. Work for this position is full-time and salary will be based on work experience.
Members of Kinetic’s high-energy team enjoy competitive salary commensurate with experience, paid medical insurance with health insurance savings account access, as well as dental and vision insurance assistance. Additionally, employees receive paid vacation and holidays, career development support, and colleagues motivated to do great things for clients.
Kinetic’s office is located in the heart of downtown Billings, Montana, which recently won Outside Magazine’s 2016 Best Place to Live in the U.S. award. Billings gives our employees and their families excellent quality of life with access to the great outdoors including fishing, hiking, biking, camping, hunting, and many other outdoor activities.
To learn more about our firm, please visit our website at www.kineticmc.com.
Job Type: Full-time