Kinetic is a full-service creative, marketing, and communications agency, committed to providing stand-out marketing solutions around the world while nestled in the heart of downtown Billings, Montana.
At Kinetic, we pride ourselves in choosing both clients and employees carefully; we strive to surround ourselves with the most talented and inspiring people around. Joining our close-knit, award-winning team means that you will not only be working on high-profile and exciting projects but will also be making a lasting impact on companies, large and small, that will benefit them for years to come, all while furthering your abilities as a creative marketing professional!
Members of Kinetic’s high-energy team enjoy a competitive salary and paid medical insurance with health insurance savings account access. Additionally, you will receive paid vacation, holidays, career development opportunities, and the chance to work alongside world-class creative colleagues.
Kinetic Marketing Company is seeking to hire a Strategic Director with 5 years of experience at our Billings, Montana office. We are looking for a visionary leader, someone who can foresee market trends, steer our client’s marketing strategies toward success, and inspire a team of talented professionals.
What You Will Do:
The Strategic Director is responsible for the relationship between the Kinetic Agency and its clients, as well as the strategic direction of all marketing and communications projects for those clients. The Strategic Director will manage all strategic department resources, set the strategic vision for each client, and coordinate strategic direction with the Creative Director.
The Strategic Director must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the agency’s business. You will assign Account Executives/Directors their accounts and supervise account their performance with clients. The Strategic Director also reviews all strategic and media deliverables and must sign off on all deliverables before they are sent to clients.
- Business Development: Seek out business opportunities with new and existing clients and play a direct role in their development. Represent the agency at industry functions and promote Kinetic Agency services. Review and authorize project quotes for clients. Track potential deals in CRM system.
- Strategic Deliverables:Develop an in-depth understanding of each client’s needs and determine and set the strategic direction and specific deliverables for clients. Analyze client input, together with background knowledge, and research, and identify market trends, customer behavior analysis, and competitor insights to produce full communications plans. Work with the Operations Director to prepare month-end overviews of the client’s current activities, monthly revenue forecasts, and plans for future development of accounts. In the absence of Creative staff, present and effectively pitch communications plans, concepts, media, and interactive marketing plans to clients. When Creative staff are present, support them in presenting concepts and plans.
- Employee Management:Direct the activities of Account Executives/Directors and Project Managers so that all clients are given excellent customer service. Evaluate and conduct performance reviews for all Strategic Department staff. Guide Account Executives in career and skills development. Foster development and engagement of junior account service staff where appropriate.
- Project Management: Ensure that strategic direction for each client is clearly defined and understood by all employees. Maintain direct contact and relationships with key decision-makers in each client company. Provide high-level project management to strategic and creative department staff, ensuring project deliverables are aligned with strategic direction, and budgets and timelines are met.
- Quality Control: Review and approve all projects before they leave the Agency door. Ensure that all creative and strategic deliverables align with the client’s strategic goals and meet/exceed agency standards of quality. Review and approve timecards for strategic department staff each month.
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Motivating leadership and mentorship
- Ability to research and understand relevant client, industry, and market developments
- Strategic mindset with a focus on long-term growth and company vision
- Adaptability to evolving market trends and business needs
- Ability to develop and delegate Kinetic Strategic resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Highly organized, ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to turn product and company vision into tangible deliverables for clients
- Ability to envision and set strategic direction for marketing & communications plans
- Minimum degree required: Bachelors
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, management, and public relations
- Previous project management experience in an agency environment
- Demonstrated integrity, responsibility, and dependability
- Previous experience in project and resource management to meet timelines and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to turn a “big idea” and strategic insights into tangible deliverables
- Familiarity with computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, CRM, etc.)
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Work for this position is full-time and salary will be based on work experience.
Members of Kinetic’s high-energy team enjoy competitive salary commensurate with experience, paid medical insurance with health insurance savings account access, as well as dental and vision insurance assistance. Additionally, employees receive paid vacation and holidays, career development support, and colleagues motivated to do great things for clients.
Kinetic’s office is located in the heart of downtown Billings, Montana, which recently won Outside Magazine’s 2016 Best Place to Live in the U.S. award. Billings gives our employees and their families excellent quality of life with access to the great outdoors including fishing, hiking, biking, camping, hunting, and many other outdoor activities.
To learn more about our firm, please visit our website at www.kineticmc.com.
Job Type: Full-time; Hybrid remote
Pay: Depending on Experience