It Doesn’t Get Much Bigger Than NADA
The NADA Show is the auto industry’s big deal. It is the premier marketplace of products, services and technologies specifically targeted to franchised dealerships. The 2019 edition of this industry convention and expo ran Jan. 24-27 in San Francisco with more than 22,000 people in attendance.
NADA is short for National Automobile Dealers Association, a trade organization representing nearly 16,500 car and truck dealerships, both domestic and foreign. One of our local clients has developed a digital-retailing solution that is gaining traction across the industry and has gained valuable exposure at recent NADA gatherings. WebBuy is the nation’s first, fully integrated car-buying application, allowing dealers to reach a demographic of customers they’ve never served before.
The groundbreaking app allows buyers to choose a new or used vehicle from a dealer’s inventory and complete the purchase on the dealer’s website. Buyers lock in a price, get an instant trade-in offer, receive loan approval, and proceed to an Amazon-like checkout – all online.
Kinetic has worked closely with the WebBuy team, including CEO and co-founder Tom Murray and co-founder Steve Zabawa, since 2014 when the company was created. For several NADA expositions, we have helped WebBuy put its best foot forward in helping produce:
- Press releases for trade publications
- Full-page advertisements for auto magazines
- A takeaway booklet for dealers that explains how WebBuy works and the benefits it delivers
- One-sheets that outline how the app arranges financing and how easy it is to install
- Blog posts for industry pubs and social media on topics such as “How to make the most of this year’s NADA!”
- Ads for Instagram and other social channels
- Email invites to dealers offering a personalized WebBuy demonstration at NADA
- A landing page full of more information about WebBuy history and features
- Display banners for WebBuy convention display
Zabawa, who has been a dealership owner for more than 30 years, said that he and Murray created the click-to-buy app “because of the obvious need for a quick, transparent way to buy a car.”
“WebBuy is for car dealerships what PayPal was to eBay” Zabawa has said. We’ve used that phrase in many marketing pieces.
Dealerships across the nation have introduced WebBuy to their websites and showrooms. We’ve been excited to play a role in this startup’s growth and bright future. Helping WebBuy’s team prepare for NADA has been challenging and the results have been terrific due to good and early planning and quality execution.