The Account Director plays an important role in building winning relationships with Kinetic clients. As the primary point of contact for our valuable customers, you will maintain regular communication with them to identify long- and short-term projects and set realistic schedules to complete them. You will play a significant role in developing a strategic vision for our partners, setting challenging goals and aligning projects to meet those goals.
You are business-savvy and have demonstrated skills that work across many industries. You know how to build dynamic marketing plans that will move companies ahead. You have the expertise to provide exceptional service for each client, and you possess the collaborative skills needed to thrive at our agency, where working with our team of writers and graphic artists, project managers and the business manager is essential.
As an Account Director, you will eagerly participate in brainstorming to provide creative input. You appreciate the value of strong internal communication with all team members, particularly project managers and our operations manager concerning scheduling and timing.
You are an innovator in developing fresh ideas and out-of-the-box strategic marketing plans for clients. After plans are developed, presented and approved, you will confidently direct projects on a daily basis.
What You Will Do
- Develop strategic plans and solutions for clients employing customer and competitive research, benchmarking studies and general analysis to drive exceptional results
- Collaborate regularly with creative team members and project managers to coordinate efforts for our clients
- Lead out on the next step of client projects that moves a project to the finish line in a comprehensive, timely manner yielding satisfied clients
- Prepare winning presentations for clients, display strong communication skills, and exhibit an ability to bring strategic and tactical expertise to every project
- Lead Kinetic team members in their work for clients and with each other
- Learn all you can about your clients’ brand, products, services and past marketing efforts
- Assist in preparing client invoices, proposals, and marketing/media/public relations plans
- Stay on top of all client communications, respond in timely fashion to calls and emails, and anticipate client needs for updates and new information
- Review and approve creative materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinate client approval of these
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all colleagues involved
- Actively seek additional projects and new business from client contacts
- Stay apprised of the progress of projects through project managers or creative team members
Qualifications and Skills
This Account Director position requires knowledge and experience in brand strategy, as well as online and digital strategies. A bachelor’s degree with three to five years of agency experience in marketing or public relations is required.
Other essential qualities:
- You lead by example and have delivered strong strategic and creative results for clients.
- You’ve experienced success in managing major accounts and understand the responsibility that role carries.
- You have experience managing a team that researches, solves, and creates successful strategies and campaigns for both B2B and B2C entities.
- You have excellent presentation skills, communication capabilities and know how to extract necessary information from clients to inform ideal marketing strategies.
- You have an eye for strong creative and know foundational principles of good design and content.
Even though you aren’t a designer yourself, you can see how the strategy is married with the design and offer insights for improvement.
- You have supervised the work of others and helped foster a culture of collaborative excellence. You know how to coach and mentor colleagues as they develop their skills.
- You are a people person, like to work within a team, and enjoy the back-and-forth challenges of the creative process.
When You Join Our Agency
Members of Kinetic’s high-energy team enjoy:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, $50k-$70k
- Paid medical insurance
- Contributions to health savings account
- Dental, vision insurance assistance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexibility in your schedule
- Career development support
- Comfortable offices in the heart of downtown Billings
- Colleagues motivated to do great things for clients
Full-time; Billings, MT office