This Product Refresh Became Frontpage News!
For years, EBMS produced a quarterly newsletter featuring articles on company happenings, new programs, wellness articles, employee news, etc. The Billings company is a national leader in health risk management and third-party administration of self-funded health plans. Hence the name of its newsletter – TPA Today.
As part of its ambitious 2018 rebranding initiative, the company asked us to bring an updated design and more engaging content to TPA Today. The content had grown stale. It was a dated, tired publication distributed in print and posted as a PDF on ebms.com. It needed new life and digital delivery to win back readers and better reflect the vision of EBMS, a cutting-edge, dynamic company with a renewed and singular focus on “Improving Lives.”
A REFRESHING UPSIDE
Industry representatives would notice and appreciate more consistently strong content from EBMS, a respected thought leader. A refreshed newsletter would be a valuable benefit for current clients and would supplement account managers’ discussions with brokers and plan sponsors on important subjects such as data and analytics, and introduce them to new or enhanced products.
Working with EBMS, we developed a detailed project plan that would:
- Assess strengths and weakness of TPA Today. Keep the good. Jettison the not-so-good
- Debate value of the old name. Explore the potential of a new name
- Develop a website strategy for a new digital newsletter, insisting on easy navigation and quick access to new and archived content
- Ensure that the digital newsletter represents the new brand and vision of EBMS
- Provide a web strategy to house the newsletter separately and distinctly from the EBMS News and Events section
- Provide a PDF download option for those wanting to print and go
Out with the old. In with the new. The Frontpage made its debut Oct. 9 on ebms.com, full of interesting news and enlightening perspectives. Alert readers spotted right away a vestige of the past hidden in the middle of the new Frontpage name. A tagline added emphasis: Clarity for an Evolving Industry.
The new name, chosen after a flurry of brainstorming, reflects the EBMS commitment to delivering important and timely industry news. It features a thoughtful array of regular columns covering a variety of topics, such as data and technology, the regulatory environment and human resources. The digital format allows for easy distribution around the world and provides links to a wealth of information about the company and its products.